Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Title Ideas

     Now, I know, I've realized that I've been putting this off. Weather subconsciously or not, I have definitely been avoiding coming up with a darn title for this project. But can you blame me? This stuff is hard. I feel like the title is such a pivotal part of the opening since it has to fit well with the tone, the mood, the VIBE of the film opening. I've always hated making titles for anything, it's like a phobia. On my poems, drawings, essays, film projects... relationships... ANYWAY, I've been brainstorming some ideas for possible titles and I think I'm close. 


1. Memento - It fits with the whole theme of looking back and hating happy old memories because one feels miserable in comparison. "Memento" works since there is a physical object that reminds Arlo of when they were happy. 

2. Vain/ Futile - This one leans more toward the depressing aspect of the film opening, conveying how Arlo feels that life has no meaning anymore and how it's all useless. Arlo feels that their life has amounted to nothing. 

3. Looking Back/ Nostalgia/ Retrospect - Kind of piggybacking off the memento idea but a little more simple. Also apparently Christopher Nolan already made a movie called memento... he's lucky he's one of my favorite directors because OH MY-! So these are just some alternatives that I think could still fit pretty well. I do have to admit however, Nostalgia is really cringe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...