Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Additional Research - Target Market

     Let's get more specific about the genre of drama. I've already explained what it is and given an example. Since then, I've narrowed down my film into a 'contained melodrama.' Contained: Set in a singular place (the house). 

Melodrama: Main character experiences intense emotions.


    Through my research I've found that the usual target market for drama films would be females 15-25. This is most likely due to the fact that drama is seen more feminine by society as it often is expected to include elements of romance and has sub genres such a period dramas, all of which are stereotypically better liked by women. 


    However, I plan for there to be no romance in my film, it will only focus on Arlo's deteriorating state of mind, worsening mental health, and how they combat it. In this manner, I'm slightly changing my target market to still be young people, 15-25, but both male and female. Also, any other genders of course since Arlo is non-bianary, so inclusivity is key. 


Here it's clear the difference in drama film preference between females and males:



Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...