Monday, March 7, 2022

Storyboarding

    Now here is the real way I plan for this project to go. The Plan B (Plan Better). The plan to end all plans. Excuse my non-existent drawing skills. 



    There in the beginning is some examples of the kind of shots that I would put between the shutter effect that I've been meaning to try out for the credits. It's very probable that I'll do more than what is shown. Also, the transition with the eye-close up going from night to day, simultaneously changing setting and scene. 



    
It's clear from this storyboard that I am a very big fan of transitions, smooth ones more specifically (what can I say? I'm a smooth crimial ;) lol). Not only does the picture frame trigger Arlo, but they're also shown watching an old video of them as a baby, which only adds fuel to the fire. 




Some overall notes: 

    - Most shots will be dragged out, they will be long and still. Done to convey depressed and static tone/mood. 
    - The jump cuts toward the end illustrates Arlo's quick shift in attitude. Arlo becomes anxious, panicked, and frustrated. 
    - The shutter effect at the very beginning almost hints at/foreshadows how frantic and trapped Arlo feels. 
    - Scenes constantly change from day to night so the audience isn't really sure of the timeline or when these events are taking place. Done to show how Arlo feels they have no control over their own life and the days are all melting together (no concept of time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...