Saturday, March 19, 2022

Sound-Scape Plan

    I have some cool sound ideas that I really think would bring my project to the next level. 

    The past student portfolio project example that I spoke briefly of in another blog post did something super sick that I want to replicate in my own way. During their project, they showed that the music being played for the audience was actually diegetic through a record player (good stuff). I thought I could do something similar but with Arlo's headphones. So, during the initial credits I'll play a song, probably royalty free, and then, when the first scene starts, Arlo can take off their headphones. This action will cause the music to stop, obviously alluding to the music having been playing on Arlo's headphones all along, the audience listening along with them. 

    Most of my project will just be ambient noise since there is no dialogue and Arlo is in a desolate house. However, to add a little spice, I thought it would be absolutely sick to add a ringing sound, kinda like tinnitus (which I have hehe), during the more intense, nervous breakdown scene toward the end of the opening. So I'll have to figure out how to edit that into the sound later on. I'm worrying about visuals right now, sound is most likely going to be next week's problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...