Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Change of Plans

    Alright, so we've hit a roadblock. I have, for many different reasons, realized that it will not be possible to use the picture frame/ Arlo watching old video idea I originally started with. The older video not being footage created by me, being unable to find a picture frame that fit my creative vision, etc. So, yeah... it's kind of a big deal, but we're going to adapt and recover. 

    My new plan is the best alternative I could find. I have a mug in my house, really ugly, but in a good way. I made it when I was younger, so it could work as the perfect 'memento' hehe. Here's what I'm thinking: a young Arlo filming themselves, showing off the mug they painted. I plan to use editing and costuming/ mise-en-scene to try and make myself look younger and the footage look slightly older. I don't want to go overboard with the editing obviously, I'm not gonna make it look retro, I wasn't even alive in the 90's. 

A picture of the mug:









Modified storyboard:














Now there will actually be voice lines in my opening. Only in this section however, so there's not a lot. I feel like I can't really call it a script when it's 3 lines but here. 

Arlo: Ok, we're recording!

        Arlo sets phone down to talk to camera.

Arlo: Hi! I would tell you my name but mom told me not to say it on the internet. But anyway, look what I made! 

        Arlo holds out a poorly painted mug. 

Arlo: Isn't it cool! It looked sad and boring in the cupboard, sooooooo I decided I would make it pretty and fun. This is now my favorite mug in the house. I declare thee, Sir Muggy! Oh! I should go show mom! Ok bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...