Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Music

    I just got confirmation to use the song I planned to use on my film opening. I'M SO EXITEDDDDDD!!! I will admit, it took me awhile to decide, I just had too many to choose from. Music is the joy of my life and I think it is such an amazing tool to convey emotions. I had made a playlist with almost 40 potential songs on it, so maybe a little bit much. Anyways, what I did know is that I wanted to choose a smaller, lesser known, artist. I know I'm not a famous movie director or anything, but I like the idea of potentially increasing a small artists audience, even if only slightly. Especially since I plan to post my film opening on Youtube, Tik Tok, maybe even Instagram.

    The song is titled Thrifted Youth by dalynn. I've actually been listening to her music since 2019 so I was slightly stars struck when she answered. This song is sooooo good and I think it matches the vibe of my opening incredibly well. I highly recommend you give it a listen, and check out dalynn in general, she's very talented. Since she is less well known and doesn't have a record label or anything, I resorted to sending her a direct message on Instagram. Perhaps a little informal, but she said she was cool with it! 

    A picture of the DM's: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...