Friday, February 18, 2022

More Inspirations

TW: Picture with blood!!! 


    Having already chosen my genre as drama/coming of age. My next step is to do some research on what works best for a film opening of this genre. Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums, despite being more of a dramedy (drama and comedy) compared to my film, dives into some topics of depression and burnout that I would like to take inspiration from. Specifically, the character Richie Tenenbaum, someone whose sadness leads him to act irrationally. I want my character to be someone reminiscing on their childhood, loathing their younger self for being so happy when they can't be, these feelings causing them to take extreme measures. I also LOVE, LOVE, Wes Anderson's use of color in his movies. Holy crap I love color, I will try my best to make Anderson proud while using color in my film opening. I'm determined! 


    Additionally, during class, we were shown some student portfolio projects from pasts years and one of them piqued my interest. A film opening by Sophie Diebold called Barely Legal. What particularly spoke to me about this person's opening was the fact that it was all filmed in one room, which as I mentioned before, I planned to do. The attention to detail was really what made this project amazing, and I hope to do the same while filming mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...