Saturday, February 26, 2022

Plot

     Here are the ideas I have so far for the plot/story of my film: 

    My story is going to be about Arlo finally expressing how they've felt for so long and their road to recovery, so the opening serves to set up Arlo's mental state. Their is going to be a lot of inner conflict (character v. self) as well as conflict between Arlo and their family (character v. character). 

    The movie starts with Arlo finding a video of when they were younger and a photo that was taken that same day. As mentioned before, Arlo's cheery younger self fills them with disdain, but they don't really understand why, and these conflicting feelings stress them out. In a fit of rage and confusion as Arlo seems to be having a panic attack, they throw the picture frame, breaking it. 

    After the frame breaks, Arlo falls to the ground, picking up a broken piece. The piece appears sharp enough to cut through skin, I think you can see where I'm going here. I will not be showing the act of Arlo hurting themselves, but it will be heavily implied. I know self-harm is a hard and kind of taboo topic that can be very triggering, but I also believe it needs to be talked about more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...