Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing Project Reflection

BLÜME Marketing Campaign 2022

    Our music marketing project began where most projects begin, research. Our main goal was to find artists within the same genre as BLÜME, R&B, that could provide some ideas and inspiration when it came to advertising techniques. We really wanted to focus on being creative and using as many tools as possible to reach as many people as possible. Furthermore, we of course used our research to also find what was effective and successful for other artists. Some popular artists we used in our case studies were Tyler, the creator and Childish Gambino. 

    As I detailed in a past post, our brainstorming and planning process went pretty smoothly once we had an idea of where we wanted BLÜME's brand to go. All aspects just came together like pieces of a puzzle, the blue and pink color palette, the signature flowers everywhere, the particular name. It all can be seen as we tried to incorporate BLÜME's style and aesthetic into everything we planned to show for this project. 



    I have helped produce a music video in the past, but I had never been this involved in the process. The making of the storyboard proved difficult due to my struggles to communicate and organize my thoughts at times, I found myself deviating a lot from the original plan when actually filming. This definitely affected the final product, it wasn't the best and had much room for improvement. Thankfully, our presentation was very well-planned and organized from the get-go, so we were able to get all out points and ideas across productively. 

    When it comes to post-production, the editing of the music video and the presentation itself was probably the hardest part for me. Editing proved to be difficult this time around, we tried a lot of new things that we weren't really experienced in. Although I consider trying new things as something positive, most times it doesn't turn out the way it was intended to, and this video was no exception. I've never been very good at graphic design either. It definitely took some work, but I challenged myself by being the main creative lead for BLÜME's official website, which I think came out pretty well. 



    Throughout the course of this project, I truly learned how much work, time, thought, and planning goes into creating a fleshed-out marketing campaign. There are a lot more elements in a project of this magnitude that would've gone completely unnoticed by me before I had to participate in making one myself, with a team. What will mainly be assisting me for my upcoming Portfolio Project is the making of the music video for our campaign. I'm hoping to carry all the mistakes and everything done right during production into the filming of my film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fin

      Aaaaaaand, I'm done! Finally done with this month long journey!     I wanna thank everyone who helped me get this point, my mom, m...